How to be successful in relationship?
Are you dating the right person?
We all know that there is no such a thing as perfect dating. But these six tips that I’m going to share will shed some light to see if you are dating the right person for you.
1. Respect. This is my number point on how to be successful in your relationship. There has to be a mutual respect. As you respect that person you are dating with, you should also see their respect for you. Respect in many areas of your relationship. Respect in the decisions you make. Boundaries you have. Respect in your opinions, because there will be times when you both have to stand for what you think is right.
If he or she can still give that respect even after the disagreement then you are likely to have a great success in your relationship. I can’t emphasize this number one point enough, but this is a must to have in every relationship. If you and your partner can established great respect for each other then you are on your way to point number two.
2. Loyalty. This is a must on how you can have a successful relationship. In so many dating relationships these days, it is not uncommon that the person you are dating with is on the other side of the world. There will be times when you are away from each other for a long period of time. It could be due to so many reasons. How can you tell if the person you are dating with is loyal to you?
First of all you have to listen to your intuition. When things doesn’t feel right anymore like it used to be, then there might be something else worth checking out. But if your partner is consistent in everything you both are doing, then there is a great sense of loyalty there.
Communication usually is a number one great sign if something changes. When consistency is not there anymore, then it is time to check. Otherwise if nothing else is changing then you are on your way to point number three.
3. Trust. This point is really important to have a success in every relationship. When you love someone you have to really trust them. Without trust, your mind will be wondering all the time whether or not your partner is still crazy in love with you, especially if he or she is away from you most of the time.
You have to be confident that your someone special will always have you in the heart and mind wherever he or she may be at every moment. Unless you have a mutual trust, your relationship will be shaky. Your partner should have a complete trust in you that you will always be true to him or her even if you are not together all the time.
You will know when your partner is trustworthy if what he or she is telling you aligned with actions. I have met people in the past who would want me to trust them. But the minute when they tell me something that they were going to do and not do it, that right away was a red flag for me that I can’t trust the person.
Another way to find out if you can trust your partner is, when they can’t follow through their promises and would admit to it ahead of time and give explanations. The person who is trustworthy will not leave you guessing and waiting for the outcome. They will tell you their thoughts and diligent about it.
4. Will Not Change You. The right person for you will never try to change you for who you are. When he or she tells you that they love you, it should be because of who you are as a person and not of what they can make you to be.
We all have different characters and makeup. The person who is crazy in love with you will always be fond of you and enjoy being with you no matter what the situation is. There should be a mutual understanding and acceptance for mistakes that have been made.
You can’t base your love for someone when everything is doing well all the time. What about the times when you are mad and upset, will that person continue to love you and be understanding to you? Or, will he or she will blow up in madness too and wishing that you would change or perhaps even worse regret that they ever dated you to begin with? If that someone you are dating can still make you laugh while you are upset, then you have yourself a keeper.
5. Will Support Your Dreams. You will know that the person you are dating with is the right one for you if that person will support your dreams. What are the things you want to accomplish in life? Is your partner supportive of you or is he or she is critical every time when you come up with ideas and dreams? I am so blessed to have someone in my life who not only support my dreams but actually helped me accomplished them.
This key point should be mutual for both of you. It is a not your own dream anymore, it becomes both your dreams. When you both can dream and help each other accomplish it, then you are in a great position in your relationship. Your success will not just yours alone, it becomes both your successes.
Has your partner been supportive of your dreams? Then you are blessed! You should keep that person. Now one more point below which is the most important one to find out if you are dating the right person.
6. Love God As Much As You Do. In every relationship, I cannot emphasize this enough, but both of you must be on the same page in your belief. God must be the center of your relationship. Without God, you don’t have a strong foundation in your relationship. You must know that God is love.
We love each other because God is love and He first loves us. Without His unconditional love being the center of every relationship, then your emotions and feelings are temporary and not stable to last for a lifetime.
If your partner love God as much as you do then you are good to make a lifetime commitment to each other. You see without the love of God, your love for someone will always be conditional. And when those conditions are not meet along the way, your relationship will fail.
Having the love of God in your relationship, you will understand that God’s love is unconditional, and He proved it to us by sending His Son Jesus to die for us, just so we could have that intimate personal relationship with Him.
I hope that the key points above will help you in making your decisions when dating someone. Those points above will hopefully keep you from getting hurt over and over again from dating the wrong person.
If you have any questions or need advice, please follow me and connect with me. I will be happy to hear from you. More posts in the future to encourage you. So don’t miss out, go ahead and follow me. Thank you so much for reading this.
Be blessed, inspired, encouraged and loved.