How to write your story and empower yourself? Do you know that you can write your story and make money out of it? Yes, writing your story as a hobby can be beneficial in so many ways. On this blog I will be sharing my personal experience as to how it is helping me emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
During the lockdowns and dealing with the pandemic, it is no surprise that so many of us are going through emotional distress. Some are dealing with it just fine and others so difficult. Especially, if you are the type of person who is outgoing and socialize a lot with friends and family before this pandemic came. It can be even more difficult, compared with the introvert type people.
In my case, I am kind of in between the introvert and extrovert. So I am dealing with it the best I know how. Being away from my immediate family who are all in the Philippines, really put a lot of emotional distress for me as well. But, I know I could not just stay depress, I have been there many times over in the past and it was not a pleasant experience. So I have to improvised.
During the lockdowns, I really did a lot of thinking. I have had so many questions as to what will the future be like for all of us after this pandemic. Literally this is a global pandemic and everyone is affected by it, rich or poor. Not being able to go out like we used to really put me in a position to take care of my health even more, physically, emotionally and mentally. Thankfully having God in my life has made a huge difference in my overall well being.
So during this pandemic while a lot of people are going through so much depression, I pulled myself out from that situation and tried to find ways where I not only helping myself overcome depression, but I am also making something beneficial for the future.
The amazing thing is that once you start getting up and do something and pull yourself out from the depression you will find out how much there is to learn out there. I found out that you don’t have to go out, to do a side hustle. There are actually a lot of ways to make money not big bucks but a little bit here and there.
During this pandemic, I have actually learned to do things that I have had no idea that I am capable of doing and all of it was done through research and reading online. And every one of us has some kind of hobbies that we can actually developed and turn it into a career. Maybe you are someone who likes to take videos, you can take videos, upload on YouTube and later on you can monetize it and make money.
Or how about if you have a hobby into designing, maybe you are a graphic designer, there are many ways to turn that hobby into a career and make money online. For me I did not have an experience on graphic designing, but I learned how to design things by doing research online and how it is done. And now I am doing this as a hobby to occupy my mind, but at the same time I’m also earning a little bit here and there which is fun and a nice way to go.
There are literally a lot of ways how to turn your hobby into a career and earn money from it from the comfort of your home. On this blog I will mainly talk about how to write your story and empower yourself and later on you can also make a career out of writing.
How to write your story and empower yourself?
- Organize your thought, go back all the way to your childhood and think of the events that have happened in your life.
- As you think of the events in your life since childhood up until now, not only think of the bad things but also the good things.
- Get a thick notebook and a pen. And I say a thick notebook because you will end up writing so much more than you really thought of. If you prefer to type it, then use your laptop or computer.
- Then start writing your story. Write the bad things first and what were the difficulties you had to go through in life even the most difficult ones and just start writing it down.
- And for every situation, problems, difficulties that you had to go through write down how you overcame those difficult moments.
- Write down the lessons you have learned from each of those situations. Because for every situation we have to go through there is always a lesson to learn.
- And as you learned from each of those situations it could be from a bad decisions that you have made or from a situation that was out of your control. Think of how it shaped your character and became the person that you are today.
- Now that you have learned those lessons, can you think of anything or anyone whom you can give thanks to in helping you overcoming those past situations?
- Now that you have acknowledged and recognized the force behind your victories over your past situations and difficulties, how do you think it will be any different facing life in the future?
- I would say that your life should be more empowered now to face the future knowing that God is by your side all the time. God was always there with you every step of the way. You may have not recognized his presence then, but you can look back now and say, that if it were not for God, I would not be here testifying to the goodness of God and sharing my story.
- Lastly, once you have compiled your story, you can ask yourself, is there anyone out there who can be inspired and encouraged about your story? If you think that your story can help someone, then you can make a book out of it and publish it for the world to be blessed. And at the end of the day, you have not only empowered yourself and overcoming the emotional stress the world is facing now, but you are also going to have a passive income in the future just by writing and sharing your story.