“A family that prays together, stays together “
A family that focuses on love, respect, loyalty and support will have a better chance of fulfilling each purpose and that is to please God and each other.
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord, (Colossians 3:18-20).
The wife is given the God appointed task of helping and submitting to her husband. Her duty to her husband includes love, respect, assistance, purity, submissiveness, development of a gentle and quiet spirit and being a good mother and homemaker. God sees a wife’s submission to her husband as an actual part of her obedience to God.
God has established the family as the basic unit in society. Every family must have a leader. Therefore, God has assigned to the husband the responsibility of being the head of the wife and family. His headship must be exercised in love, gentleness and consideration for his wife and family.
The husband’s God-given responsibility as “head of the wife” includes:
1. Provision for the family’s spiritual and domestic needs.
2. Love, protection and interest in her welfare in the same way that Christ loves the church.
3. Honor, understanding, appreciation and thoughtfulness.
4. Absolute faithfulness to the marriage relationship.
Normally children of believers remain under parental guidance until they become part of another family unit through marriage.
1. Small children must be taught to obey and honor their parents by being brought up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
2. Older children even after marriage must show respect for the counsel of their parents and honor them in old age through care and financial support if needed.
3. Children who honored their parents will be blessed by God.
The points above are key to having a unity in the family. A family who doesn’t understand the purpose will always struggle to live peacefully. Humbling and submitting to the will of God is the key for a happy family.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope that you find a helpful information here on how to have a family with purpose.
Please don’t forget to follow and connect with me so you will be updated for my future posts.
Be blessed, inspired, encouraged and loved.